SD 241809.30 - Taste of the Forbidden Fruit [Tonx]

Tonx wasn’t sure which it was, her telling Maddie to call her, or her walking back to her quarters with a sheet wrapped around her, but not long after she got back, security personnel turned up and told her she was restricted to quarters. She was being brought up on charges of conduct unbecoming. A JAG officer would stop by the next day to discuss her case.

The Lieutenant Commander shouldn’t have been surprised. Sleeping with an Admiral’s wife was not really something on her bucket list (not that she regretted her night with Maddie), and pissing off fleet officers was never on her bucket list. Was it worth it? Running a hand through her short cropped hair, Tonx smirked. Of course it was.

Unfortunately, being restricted to quarters put a crimp in her plans for the coming evening. Sinking onto the couch in her quarters, she did wonder what she was going to do with herself, and then the chime to her door went off. Intrigued since she wasn’t expecting anyone, she looked to the door as she called, “Enter?”

“I have to say. . .I didn’t expect to find you sulking in your quarters,” Maddie said as she came in and leaned against the wall next to the door.

Smirking, Tonx folded her arms across her chest, “I didn’t expect to see you after your husband made is thoughts on you and me clear.”

Maddie rolled her eyes, “My husband works fifteen hours a day, gets maybe a day off a month, and has shown no interest in me in the last. . .two years? Our relationship is effectively over.”

“Effectively over isn’t the same as over,” Tonx replied.

Pushing herself from the wall, Maddie slinked across the room as she started unbuttoning her shirt, “What do you care? My relationship with him is my business. I’m not here for business, and I suspect neither you nor I are looking for anything more than a bit of fun.”

Straddling Tonx, Maddie framed the security officer’s face with her hands and leaned forward to kiss her, “You do want to have some fun, don’t you?”

Placing her hands on Maddie’s hips, Tonx still smirked, “You are going to ruin my career.”

“But not your night,” Maddie whispered.
~~~~
Good grief, McKenna. You are whipped beyond whipped for a married woman you don’t even wanna spend your life with. What the hell? Is your career worth this?

Ok, so you’ve been on the Lone Star for the last five, six. . .or was it seven years? It’s not like you’re going to become a flag officer. Besides, Maddie. Oh my.


The internal debate wasn’t so much a debate as it was reflection.

Maddie’s unexpected visit helped pass the time since Tonx couldn’t actually leave her quarters. The security officers outside didn’t stop people from visiting her, though, thank the powers that be.

The admiral’s wife left early the next morning with the promise of returning after she ‘made an appearance.’ McKenna should have told her not to come back, but forbidden fruit syndrome was a thing.

It was station ‘nightfall’ when her chime rang again. Tonx smirked as she called, “Enter.”

Maddie came in, grinning like the Cheshire Cat, “Miss me?” She closed distance and wrapped her arms around the Security Officer’s neck.

“You have no idea.”

~~~~

A few hours later, Maddie and Tonx were laying on the couch when the chime went off again. Tonx looked to the door, “That’s going to be that admiral husband of yours, ain’t it?”

“Probably,” Maddie replied.

“Are you using me to make a point?”

“Probably,” Maddie said again. “Do you hate me?”

Tonx snorted, “Hate you? I only know your name and that you’re married to an admiral. Takes more than that for me to hate someone. I might hate you if he tosses me in the brig.”

The chime rang again.